So, you've been dieting and training. Dieting and training. You lose 20 lbs. And gain it back. You lose 10 lbs. And gain it back. It is so frustrating, is not it? I know, because I was stuck in the same situation most of my life.
A few months ago I saw the scale move back up … again. I decided that enough was enough. This is when I started spending countless hours researching and studying the reasons why people can lose weight and gain it back faster than they lost it. I will tell you that the biggest problem is that people lose weight so quickly that their metabolism does not have time to adjust, therefore, as soon as you miss a few days of your routine that weight comes right back. Then, you lose confidence, and you lose hope. You start thinking that you are destined to be overweight, and there's nothing you can do about it. For me, these feelings and thoughts were just a way of stimulating me to figure out a way to beat the odds.
I now want to quickly outline 5 things you can start doing to help you lose weight and keep it off. Also, I'd like to tell you that if you're serious about losing weight, improving your health, and enhancing your physical appearance, all it takes is dedication to your goals. Ok, here is the list:
1. Start drinking water every day! I know it's gross, and I know it does not seem to fill you up. But the fact of the matter is that drinking at least 64 oz. Of water a day will increase your metabolism. As your metabolism increases your body will start becoming a fat burning furnace. Also, drinking at least 64 oz. Of water a day will start flushing out harmful toxins that make their way into your system everyday. This will greatly improve your day to day health and energy levels.
2. Start eating 6 meals a day of smaller portions. Monday through Saturday allow yourself to eat 6 meals of healthy food of 300-400 calories each meal. Then, on Sunday at in a "snack" meal to reward yourself.
3. Start exercising at 3 days a week for 45 minutes at a time. It does not matter if you run, walk, swim, lift weights, stretch, etc. Anything will work. This is another way of increasing your metabolism.
4. Start taking a daily multivitamin. Go to your local drugstore, Wal-mart, whatever, and pick up a multivitamin supplement. They are inexpensive, and highly effective in increasing your body's ability to burn fat.
5. Start trying to get at around 7 1/2 hours of sleep per night. This may mean that you have to work a little harder to get things done in your day. But the metabolic benefits of a good night's sleep are unbelievable.
There you have it. These are 5 simple things that will greatly improve your health and weight. I really hope this article has given you some information that will assist you in your fitness goals. If you're interested in getting more detailed, please refer to the author's bio below.